What Does CSC Do?
- I think someone disturbed asbestos in my home. Can you work with my attorney to determine a scope of repair?
- My employee is suing me for personal injury related to an environmental exposure. Can you give me a balanced opinion on environmental exposures?
By their very nature, environmental issues often result in unwanted litigation. If harmful contaminants are released – knowingly or unknowingly – people may be at risk. Property values can be compromised. Projects can be delayed or even stopped dead in their tracks. And, of course, millions of dollars could be at stake. At CSC, we know that our clients face the daunting task of complying with increasingly complex environmental regulations every day. If necessary, we’ll provide you with the documentation, sample evidence and expert legal testimony you need to achieve a fair and favorable disposition.
The Facts About Litigation Support
CSC Case Studies: Litigation Support
Excerpt: CSC was requested to assess the indoor air quality of an office. The majority of employees in a 10,000 square foot office reported indoor air quality-related health complaints and were granted a workman’s compensation leave of absence. As a result, almost all of the employees of a company were absent, and the office space was un-occupiable until the source of the problem was identified and repaired…
Excerpt: Several employees working in a department of a public building complained of respiratory symptoms, such as coughing and asthma flare-ups while at work. Clark Seif Clark, Inc. (CSC) was requested to investigate the area to determine if any indoor air quality deficiencies might have contributed to these symptoms….
Excerpt: A major leak from an upstairs office that was under construction affected the embryo room of an in-vitro fertilization clinic, threatening the successful fertilization of dozens of hopeful couples, not to mention the livelihood of an entire medical office. Clark Seif Clark, Inc. (CSC) was dispatched to respond immediately. CSC was charged with helping the client and his contractor contain the damage and returning conditions to normal, all the while keeping operations going…
Excerpt: When a medical clinic spilled almost 200 gallons of acid, sending three of their own personnel and several responding firemen to the hospital, it was CSC that conducted the post-clean-up testing to confirm that the clinic was in condition acceptable for re-occupancy and address the environmental concerns of the staff…
Excerpt: CSC was requested to perform an industrial hygiene assessment in a department of an electronics manufacturing plant. Employees at the plant reported health complaints that they perceived to be occupationally-related. In addition, an exposure assessment was requested by the insurance provider of the corporation…
Excerpt: In 2007, new State regulations mandated the fluoridation of public drinking water. Fluorinating drinking water requires the use of chemicals that can cause irritation, severe flesh burns, and even death in some cases. CSC was requested to perform a health and safety assessment for a California Public Utilities Company in regards to this change, to help safeguard the employees handling this new chemical…
How is CSC Qualified?
Clark Seif Clark, Inc. (CSC) and our team of experts posses the pertinent education, relevant certifications, appropriate licenses to qualify us to provide you with litigation support on a wide array of environmental topics. CSC has the experience and credibility that sets our bar of excellence high. We have qualified experts in the field of asbestos, mold, lead, OSHA compliance, environmental, hazardous materials and industrial hygiene fields. Our 3rd party experts at CSC take pride in our ability to equally represent either side of the table in any dispute. CSC has diversified experience as an environmental expert associated with dispute resolutions including:
- Litigation support:
- Consulting expert
- Trial expert
- Deposition, arbitration, mediation, & trial experience
- Retained by the plaintiff
- Retained by the defendant
- Insurance appraisal hearing support:
- Retained by the insured
- Retained by the insurance company
- Examples of CSC’s Experts:
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Council-certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Council-certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Council-certified Microbial Consultant (CMC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Council-certified Indoor Air Quality Consultant (CIAQC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Certified Indoor Air Quality Investigator (CIAQI)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional (CIAQP)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certified Indoor Air Quality Technician (CIAQT)
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Board Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Management Planner, Project Designer, Contractor Supervisor, and Building Inspector
- California Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC)
- Certified Inspector: Lead-Based Paint
- Certified Risk Assessor: Lead-Based Paint
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC) Certified Water Restoration Technician (WRT)
- Professional Engineers (PE)