What Does CSC Do?
- I think someone disturbed asbestos in my home. Can you work with my attorney to determine a scope of repair?
- My employee is suing me for personal injury related to an environmental exposure. Can you give me a balanced opinion on environmental exposures?
By their very nature, environmental issues often result in unwanted litigation. If harmful contaminants are released - knowingly or unknowingly - people may be at risk. Property values can be compromised. Projects can be delayed or even stopped dead in their tracks. And, of course, millions of dollars could be at stake. At CSC, we know that our clients face the daunting task of complying with increasingly complex environmental regulations every day. If necessary, we'll provide you with the documentation, sample evidence and expert legal testimony you need to achieve a fair and favorable disposition.
The Facts About Litigation Support
When legal questions arise
Over the years, CSC has provided expert legal testimony for hundreds of clients like builders, contractors, insurance companies, home and property owners, and manufacturers. We have served both plaintiff and defendant in cases that have demanded the careful evaluation of scientific data. In addition to expert testimony, our litigation support team can help guide the trial strategy, provide the necessary evidence samples, analyze data and test results, and research pertinent environmental regulations.
Knowledge is the key
Because we are experts at discovering sources of contamination and then designing remediation plans for their removal, our knowledge can prove invaluable to your attorneys. For example, contaminants such as mold, asbestos, lead-based paint dust and other indoor air toxins are well documented as harmful to human beings. Our ability to collect, analyze and even assist in interpreting the harmful effects of these hazardous materials, can help provide the legal support you need.
Expert legal testimony or not
Because of our thorough documentation, expert sample analysis, and understanding of all the complex environmental regulations, we can provide expert legal testimony based on objective scientific data. And that can be very helpful when legal issues are unavoidable. These same attributes, however, also serve our clients even in a more powerful way. They don't find themselves in court in the first place. And we think that's the best litigation support of all.
How is CSC Qualified?
Clark Seif Clark, Inc. (CSC) and our team of experts posses the pertinent education, relevant certifications, appropriate licenses to qualify us to provide you with litigation support on a wide array of environmental topics. CSC has the experience and credibility that sets our bar of excellence high. We have qualified experts in the field of asbestos, mold, lead, OSHA compliance, environmental, hazardous materials and industrial hygiene fields.
Our 3rd party experts at Clark Seif Clark, Inc. (CSC) take pride in our ability to equally represent either side of the table in any dispute. CSC has diversified experience as an environmental expert associated with dispute resolutions including:
- Litigation support:
- Consulting expert
- Trial expert
- Deposition, arbitration, mediation, & trial experience
- Retained by the plaintiff
- Retained by the defendant
- Insurance appraisal hearing support:
- Retained by the insured
- Retained by the insurance company
- Examples of CSC's Experts:
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Council-certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Council-certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Council-certified Microbial Consultant (CMC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Council-certified Indoor Air Quality Consultant (CIAQC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC) Certified Indoor Air Quality Investigator (CIAQI)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional (CIAQP)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certified Indoor Air Quality Technician (CIAQT)
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Board Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Management Planner, Project Designer, Contractor Supervisor, and Building Inspector
- California Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC)
- Certified Inspector: Lead-Based Paint
- Certified Risk Assessor: Lead-Based Paint
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC) Certified Water Restoration Technician (WRT)
- Professional Engineers (PE)