What Does CSC Do?
- Is the noise in my workplace a hazard to my employees?
- I have a headache within minutes of getting to work. Can this be related to my work environment?
- One of my tenant's employees was diagnosed with a MRSA infection, what do I need to do?
- Are our exhaust hoods preventing my employees from exceeding the OSHA permissible exposure limit?
The workplace in the United States is infinitely diverse, and so too is the potential for environmental heath and safety issues. Chemical, biological, physical and energy hazards are found in every workplace. Protecting your employees, your tenants, their families, and your assets is financially sound, legally compliant, and morally correct. Failing to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses issues can result in employee frustration, reduced productivity, increased absenteeism, client dissatisfaction, regulatory citations, fines, litigation, bad press, mass hysteria, prison time, and injured people.
- CSC's team of industrial hygienists (IHs) and environmental health and safety (EH&S) professionals are standing by to help you create a better and safer work environment.
Health and Safety Programs Development
Let our IHs, CIHs, CSPs and other EH&S professionals develop site-specific programs to effectively reduce the incidence of illnesses and injuries to your employees. A partial listing of these programs include the following:
- Injury and Illness Prevention Plans (IIPP)
- Hazard Communication
- Respiratory Protection
- Hearing Conservation
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Emergency Response
- Fire Protection Plans
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lock Out/Tag Out)
- Fall Protection
Our experienced Industrial Hygienists routinely conduct exposure assessments of employees potentially exposed to chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic hazards. A partial listing of the assessments include the following:
- Chemical Hazards: CSC Industrial Hygienists have monitored routine operations at refineries, power plants, plating shops and other industrial settings to quantify exposures to gases, vapors, fumes, particulates (dust and fibers). Typical chemicals encountered included benzene, hydrogen sulfide, petroleum hydrocarbons; welding fumes; ammonia; sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide.
- Physical Hazards: CSC Industrial Hygienists have monitored for sound levels to determine the need of a Hearing Conservation Program. Our IHs have also monitored for heat, radiation, lighting levels.
- Office Ergonomic Hazards: Our Industrial Hygienist have conducted multiple evaluations of computer workstations and have recommended modifications to reduce cumulative trauma disorders.
- Biological Hazards: During the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, our New Orleans team of Industrial Hygienist participated in the evaluation of Legionella contamination in drinking water systems.
Compliance and Management System Audits
CSC is constantly assessing the regulatory climate and changes in the OSHA regulations. Our CIHs and CSPs have conducted several compliance and management system audits to improve existing health and safety programs and enhance the safety and health of employees. Our Safety and Health Professionals have determined gaps in the programs and recommended valuable solutions to establish compliance with regulatory statutes.
Training and Education
CSC is equipped to develop and deliver multi-media training and education programs that will improve employee awareness of the hazards in the workplace. We will evaluate your site and industry to cater the training programs to your unique needs.
How is CSC Qualified?
Clark Seif Clark, Inc. (CSC) and our environmental health and safety professionals posses the pertinent education, relevant certifications, appropriate licenses that qualify us to perform your workplace health and safety (OEHS) consulting and testing work. We perform your work in line with applicable industry standards and guidelines at a fair price. Beyond our firm foundation, CSC has the experience and credibility that sets our bar of excellence high. Our team of experts have completed OSHA audits, noise assessments, chemical exposure surveys, radiation surveys and radiation site decommissioning, community exposure assessments, etc.
To add to our appeal, consider our diversity of services, our highly rated insurance coverage our multiple locations, our flexible hours, and our in-house scientific equipments. It's easy to see why so many clients rely on CSC to get the job done.
- Examples of CSC's Relevant Qualified Personnel
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABUH) Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Health Physicists